Trustworthy Heirs Story (Galatians 4:1-7)
Slave’s Rights – slave, chain, girl – Paul explains the difference between a slave and an adult heir. Before Christ, we were like slaves and little kids with no rights.
Unseen Dominion – serpent, sword, cloud – Apart from God, we are spiritual captives to evil forces in unseen realms. These dark powers made us blind to the Truth.
Freedom Miracle – mother, baby, flame, cross – Yahweh always planned to liberate us from Satan. Jesus came to our rescue. He became human to redeem our lives.
Kingdom Royalty – man, woman, cloud, crown – God adopted us out of slavery and anointed us as coheirs with Jesus. We are God’s sons and daughters, sharing in Christ’s authority. We walk with God as companions.
- Explain the difference between saved and adopted.
- What’s shocking about calling God Almighty, “Abba”?
- How did it feel to discover you were Satan’s slave?
- Describe how it felt the first time you were set free.
- Why is an underage child-heir the same as a slave?
- What changes when Jesus’ Spirit comes to live in us?
- If we are heirs to heaven, how should we live now?
- What’s the most important part of this story to you?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers