“Overflow” is the excess or surplus fluid unable to be contained by any available space; a vessel filled beyond its own capacity; to spill over, to rise above the rim and stream forth.
Overflow Sign > The poor and needy seek water, but there is none, their tongues fail for thirst. I, the LORD, will hear them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will open rivers in desolate heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water. I will plant in the wilderness the cedar and the acacia tree, the myrtle and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the cypress tree and the pine and the box tree together, that they may see and know, and consider and understand together, that the hand of the LORD has done this, and the Holy One of Israel has created it. (Isaiah 41:17-20 NKJV)
Perpetual Overflow > Every living thing that gathers where the river goes will live. There will be very many fish, because these waters go there and make the salt water clean again… All kinds of fruit trees will grow on both sides of the river. Their leaves will not dry up, and they will never stop giving fruit. They will give fruit every month, because their water flows from the holy place. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing. (Ezekiel 47:9,12 NLV)
- Emptiness – “Empty” means containing nothing, poured out and dry as dust, having no value or clear purpose. Life without Jesus Christ is desolate and worthless. Let us confess our exhaustion, admit our dissatisfaction, and repent of our wandering away.
- Emancipation – “Freedom” is deliverance out of slavery into eternal sonship; from lost and wandering to adopted and beloved. Our Father so loved us, that he sent Jesus Messiah to cast our shackles into the sea and place us in favored seats at his table.
- Escalation – “Escalate” means rapid increase, growing intensity, to skyrocket above the earth and soar beyond the stars. Once we are satisfied in Jesus and listening to our Shepherd’s voice, the Banner of All Nations will cultivate increasing fruitfulness.
Holy Spirit Prayer
- Give me clear sight to discern those around me who are poor and seeking water.
- Father, thank you for not forsaking us; thank you for leaving the 99 to carry us home.
- Our Heavenly Father is the Wellspring Tender: he creates living water in desolation.
- The nations will recognize the presence of the Holy Spirit; he will draw them to Jesus.
- Let us go down to the river to pray; let us gather at the river to praise the Lord in Spirit!
- The Holy Spirit moves at the Father and Son’s pace; let us not run ahead or fall behind.
- Help us to be vessels of gospel acceleration while resting alone in Christ.
Personal Reflections > What are the initial signs of my spiritual burnout and emotional exhaustion? How do these Scriptures give me strength to face difficult times and dry seasons? When will I spend more time during this new week enjoying and releasing Holy Spirit overflow?
Maranatha Overflow Verses
Abundance > “Along the bank of the river, on this side and that, will grow all kinds of trees used for food; their leaves will not wither, and their fruit will not fail. They will bear fruit every month, because their water flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for medicine.” (Ezekiel 47:12 NKJV)
Depend > Happy are those who have the God of Jacob to help them and who depend on the LORD their God, the Creator of heaven, earth, and sea, and all that is in them. He always keeps his promises; he judges in favor of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free and gives sight to the blind. He lifts those who have fallen; he loves his righteous people. He protects the strangers who live in our land; he helps widows and orphans, but takes the wicked to their ruin. (Psalm 146:5-9 GNT)
Holy Spirit > “When, however, the Spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God, he will lead you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own authority, but he will speak of what he hears, and will tell you of things to come. He will give me glory, because he will take what I say and tell it to you.” (John 16:13-14 GNB)
Horn of My Salvation > I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalms 18:1-2 ESV)
Mighty Warrior > Mighty warrior, strap your sword at your side. In your majesty and splendor – in your splendor ride triumphantly in the cause of truth, humility, and justice. May your right hand show your awe-inspiring acts. (Psalms 45:3-4 HCSB)
Radiance of God’s Glory > The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact expression of his nature, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. So he became higher in rank than the angels, just as the name he inherited is superior to theirs.” (Hebrews 1:3-4 HCSB)
Vine > “Remain united to me, and I will remain united to you. A branch cannot bear fruit by itself; it can do so only if it remains in the vine. In the same way you cannot bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.” (John 15:5-6 GNB)
Yahweh Our Righteousness > “The days are coming” – this is the LORD’s declaration – “when I will raise up a Righteous Branch of David. He will reign wisely as king and administer justice and righteousness in the land. In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. This is what he will be named: Yahweh Our Righteousness.” (Jeremiah 23:5-6 HCSB)
Want more lessons & videos? Please visit our site > blazingtrees.org/maranatha
#Jesus #maranatha #storytellers #overflow