Eden Garden Story (Genesis 2)
Man’s Purpose – river, man, fruit tree – After God created the heavens and the earth, he created a man to live in Eden Garden and take care of his creation.
Divine Trees – fruit trees, heart, crown – God placed two special trees in Eden: the Life Tree that would keep man alive forever, and the Good & Evil Knowledge Tree that held all of heaven’s wisdom.
Death’s Introduction – man, God, fruit tree, crown – God withheld only one thing from man: the Good & Evil Knowledge Tree’s fruit. If man ate from it, he would die.
Man’s Companion – God, man, woman – Man needed help to take care of Eden Garden, so God created a woman out of his body, and they became a family.
- Compare Eden Garden’s purity with our world today.
- Why did God plant the Good & Evil Knowledge Tree?
- What was it like to live in perfect peace with all living things? Do you think God’s original design is good?
- What was it like for Adam to wake up and meet Eve?
- How does this story set up Adam & Eve’s rebellion?
- What’s the most important part of this story to you?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Ask James a question > email@example.com