Job’s Reputation Story (Job 1:1-5)
Good Man – praying man, cloud, crown – Let me tell you a story about Job, a man whom God blessed that lost all of his wealth and everything he cared about.
Wealthy Tribe – father & children – Job was abundantly blessed. He faithfully worshiped God. He had many sons and daughters, servants, and livestock herds.
Generous Spirit – house, door, table, bread, cup – Job hosted many feasts at his house for all of his children and friends. They enjoyed life and practiced peace.
Personal Sacrifices – altar, animal, flames, smoke – Job desired above all to be faithful in God’s sight. He regularly offered burnt sacrifices for his family’s sins.
- What do you notice about what’s important to Job?
- What would it have been like to be one of his kids?
- In what ways do you see Job living generously?
- How is Job’s life/reputation similar to Abraham’s?
- Why did Job offer sin sacrifices for his children?
- Have you known a good person who suffered a great tragedy like Job? How did they handle it?
- How is Job’s background a set up for his suffering?
- Would you behave like Job if you were this wealthy?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers