Paradise Lost Story (Genesis 3)
Truth Garden – fruit tree & flaming sword – Let me tell you a story about how evil entered our world. Adam and Eve lived in Eden Garden and walked with God.
Clever Deceiver – snake & people – Satan, Hellfire’s Dragon, visited Adam and Eve. He lied to them, saying they could become gods by knowing good and evil.
Absolute Failure – eaten fruit – God withheld only one thing from people: the Good & Evil Knowledge Tree. Adam and Eve believed the devil and rejected God.
Blood Sacrifice – altar, animal, knife – As punishment, God cast them out of Eden. God made work hard and child-bearing painful. God made clothes for Adam and Eve out of animal skins. He promised future salvation.
- Why did God withhold the Good & Evil Knowledge Tree from Adam and Eve?
- Do you think Satan led the rebellion in heaven before or after God created humans? Why?
- What were some emotions Adam and Eve felt when they realized they had sinned and were naked?
- How did God feel watching his creation reject him?
- What’s the most important part of this story to you?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers