Crucified Messiah Story
Calvary Crosses – three crosses – Let me tell you a story about how Jesus was crucified on a cross to die between two convicted criminals on Calvary Hill.
Agonizing Pain – hammer, nail – Jesus was led by Roman soldiers to a place called “the Skull,” known as Calvary Hill. They nailed Jesus’ body to a cross with a hammer & nails.
Cursed King – crown – It is said that anyone who dies on a cross is cursed and abandoned by God. Jesus had the inscription “King of the Jews” written over his head.
Paradise Vision – vision, criminal – One criminal mocked Jesus; the other criminal repented of his sins and believed in the Messiah. Jesus took him to heaven that day.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want to learn more Bible stories? Please visit our Storytellers page > blazingtrees.org/storytellers
#Maranatha #Storytellers #Jesus