Jehoshaphat’s Prayer Story (2 Chronicles 20)
Invasion Response – sword, praying king – A vast army assembled to conquer Judah. King Jehoshaphat called the nation to pray and fast. He asked God to intervene.
God Fights – speaking man, flame, cloud, sword – The Holy Spirit spoke through Jahaziel, “Fear not! God is with you, and he will fight for you. Go with courage.”
Chaos Valley – wilderness & bones – The king led his people to war singing and praying. God confused the enemy armies, and they totally destroyed each other.
Victory Celebration – king, flag, road, city, rod & staff – Judah looted the treasures of the vanquished armies on the battlefield; then, they returned home in peace.
- Have you ever felt the dread of impending doom?
- Why was the king’s strategic response to potential annihilation spiritual? What were his other options?
- What stands out to you about Jehoshaphat’s prayer?
- Why do we struggle with believing the impossible?
- You’re with Judah’s small army approaching the battlefield singing. What thoughts are in your mind?
- Compare this story to Jericho’s Fall in Joshua 6.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Feeling generous today? Click to give