Losing Everything Story (Job 1-2)
Questioned Loyalty – serpent, king, man – The Devil visited God in heaven. God praised Job as a good, faithful man. Satan responded that Job was only loyal because God had protected and richly blessed him.
Supervised Destruction – soldier, animal, storm – God allowed Satan to attack Job within limits. One day, Job lost all his flocks and servants to raiders and storms.
Grieving Parents – man, woman, grave – The worst news: his ten children were feasting together when a windstorm made the house collapse, killing them all.
Righteous Heart – tears, man, flag – Satan even afflicted Job with painful sores. Job’s wife told him to curse God and die. But Job still praised the LORD.
- Why did Satan think Job would stop praising God if he lost his wealth and health? How was he wrong?
- What’s the worst news you’ve ever received?
- What do we learn about the Devil’s personality?
- Stand next to Job as he receives these messengers bearing horrific news. What do you see and notice?
- Blameless, faithful, fears God, turns from evil. What stands out to you about how God describes Job?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Feeling generous today? Click to give
Ask James a question > email@example.com