Easter Story Series
Temple Cleansing Story
Corrupted Temple – Jesus & temple – Let me tell you a story about how Jesus came to the Jerusalem temple and discovered spiritual sickness and financial corruption.
Financial Reform – Jesus, money table, coins – Jesus overturned the money exchange tables. He was angry that God’s people were charging visitors money to worship.
Spiritual Reform – caged dove, table, chair – The caged dove illustrates spiritual corruption, suppressing the work of the Holy Spirit. Jesus wanted everyone to worship freely.
Prayer House – woman, temple, flame – Jesus wanted to lead God’s people back to the heart of worship: to praise God and to pray. Israel had lost her knowledge of God.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Visit our Storytellers page for more resources > blazingtrees.org/storytellers