As we prepare to put 2018 to rest, everyone who loves Jesus is making holiday celebration plans. Our Draw Disciples team has developed an exciting gift to give you and your family this year: a new Bible story set to help you walk through Jesus’ Nativity stories.
We will send you three stories each week. By Christmas, you will have all twelve stories in the set as an Advent gift from our Blazing Trees family. We hope you enjoy drawing these stories as a family, because we are confident these stories will draw you closer to our Lord Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit’s presence, peace, and power.
Your first three stories are below.
Immanuel Prophecy – Isaiah 7
- David’s House: house, crown, rod & staff, stars – The virgin birth prophecy was spoken to David’s family.
- Isaiah & Ahaz: prophet & king – God spoke through the prophet Isaiah to King Ahaz about Jesus’ birth.
- Messiah Sign: virgin & baby – The sign of Israel’s Messiah is a virgin giving birth to a child named Immanuel.
- Promised Victory: sword & crowns – Before the Messiah’s birth, Israel’s two enemies would be defeated.
Peaceful Prince – Isaiah 9
- Hope Dawns: dark land & sunrise – The coming of the Messiah will be like a sunrise over a forsaken land.
- War’s End: warrior & harvest – A sign of the Messiah’s coming will be the end of war and a great harvest.
- Peaceful Prince: prince & dove – God’s Messiah will be his Son; a divine prince who brings peace to Israel.
- Justice Kingdom: rod, staff, balance scales – The Messiah will rule with righteous justice and holy wisdom.
Righteous King – Isaiah 11
- Fruitful Roots: tree stump & fruitful branch – Our Savior will be a descendant of Jesse filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Bondage Breaker: warrior king & broken chains – The Messiah will listen to God and liberate the poor.
- Fearless Culture: serpent & child – Two signs of the Messiah is safety in the land and banishment of fear.
- World Peace: sea, mountain, sunrise – The Righteous King will fill the earth with worship and God’s wisdom.
Want more stories? Please visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Thank you so much for being willing to stand with us, risk with us, and love us. We love you, and our team is praying for you and your family.