Beautiful Blessing – woman, Jesus, chair, perfume – Let me tell you a story about the famous woman who anointed Jesus with expensive perfume, a beautiful blessing of faith.
Angry Disciples – money bag, bread, two men – Jesus’ disciples thought the woman’s gift was wasteful. They said she should sell the perfume and give to the poor instead.
Honorable Motives – tomb, tombstone, corpse, fragrance – Jesus opened his disciples eyes to see she was expressing her faith in him as Messiah, belief in his prophesied death.
Breaking Point – serpent, Judas, money bag, priest – Jesus’ explanation was the breaking point for Judas. He left Jesus to meet with a chief priest for money to betray his Master.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want more stories? Please visit our Storytellers Bible page: blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Want to start your own storytellers team? Please send us an email to get started: firstname.lastname@example.org
#Jesus #maranatha #storytellers #discipleship #hope