Salvation Stronghold Song (Psalm 62)
Freedom Fortress – tower, cross, crown – King David sang about the power of salvation. He described God as his Strong Tower, Salvation, Refuge, and Defender.
Dangerous Battles – enemy, knife, praying man, flame – David sang about how his enemies curse him and lie about him. They want to deceive and destroy the king.
Safe Refuge – house, woman, cloud, crown – The Holy Spirit is with all those who desire God. He lives in us, teaching us how to trust in him and pray with courage.
Generous Lifestyle – money bag, dividing line, pouring cup – Trusting in God leads to generosity. Our hope is in God not wealth. Our true reward is his unfailing love.
- David sounds like he is in great danger. What are some of his emotions that influence these words?
- What is it like to hear a song from a warrior’s heart?
- What does someone who is afraid hear in this song?
- How does this song help us overcome our fears?
- What are David’s thoughts about power and wealth?
- What is your salvation story? Has God ever rescued you from danger? Have you told anyone your story?
- How do you respond when you’re asked for help?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Feeling generous today? Click to give