Faithful Shepherd Song (Psalm 23)
Devoted Protector – crown, rod & staff – David wrote a worship song about God as our Caregiver. God is like a Good Shepherd. He faithfully guides and provides.
Refreshed Disciple – praising woman – God knows how tired and discouraged we get. He leads us to safe, peaceful places where we can rest and be renewed.
Suffering Seasons – valley & flames – We will experience much trouble and face death. We have no fear, for our Shepherd guides us through every trial.
Perpetual Overflow – cup & water – God nurtures abundant life. He protects us from our enemies. He blesses us. He makes a special place for us in heaven.
- What’s a shepherd and flock have to do with Jesus Christ and his disciples? Why are we like sheep?
- Create a list of what God does for us in this song.
- Imagine you’re in this dark valley with David. Why does God’s presence make a difference, and how?
- What refreshes us when we are tired and afraid?
- What personal weaknesses was David honest about?
- Compare Psalm 23 to John 10:1-21. List similarities.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Feeling generous today? Click to give
Who needs to know about this resource?