Jesus’ Prayer Story (Luke 11)
Praying Messiah – Jesus praying – Jesus prayed every day. One day, his disciples asked him to teach them how to pray. So, he gave them an example to follow.
Global Glory – earth, stars, crown, flag – Jesus said we pray for God’s will to be done worldwide and for all nations, tribes, and peoples to worship the Creator.
Provision & Peace – table, bread, cup – Jesus said we trust God as Provider. Ask him to meet our daily needs. We confess our sins, and give and receive forgiveness.
Spiritual Enemies – serpent & broken chains – Jesus said the Devil and demons in hell will tempt us to rebel against God. We ask the Holy Spirit to help us resist.
- Why do you think the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray? What do you think of this prayer?
- What was it like to hear the Son of God pray?
- How does it feel to experience heaven on earth?
- Why is it so hard to be satisfied with what we have?
- What prevents us from forgiving others who have hurt us? How can the Holy Spirit help us to forgive?
- Give examples of skills we need to resist the Dragon.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Feeling generous today? Click to give