Restoring Ruins Prophecy (Isaiah 61)
New Wineskins – flame & broken chains – The Holy Spirit upon us is the sign of God’s favor. By the Spirit, we break bondage chains and cultivate abundant life.
Thriving Tribes – fruit tree & city – Israel was once devastated and hopeless. But God restored Israel, forgiving her sins. Israel is now strong in the LORD.
Righteous Reputation – earth, cloud, flag, crown, stars – Yahweh transforms his people into a redeemed nation with a worldwide reputation of honor and faithfulness.
Fruitful Seeds – seed, roots, fruitful plant – God first sowed redemption seeds in his chosen people. Now, Israel sows these seeds, and all nations worship God.
- Make a list of every transformation in Isaiah 61.
- What changed for Israel when Jesus came to earth?
- What emotions do you feel when you hear these words: poor, broken, captive, mourn, ashes, despair?
- Give examples of how you are free in the Holy Spirit.
- Imagine you’re in a restored city. What do you see?
- Compare Israel in this story to Israel in Babylon exile.
- Why is God alone worthy of worship by all nations?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
<+ We publish all of our resources online for free. If you feel this project is worth investing in financially, please click the “Give” link and designate your gift to our “Storytellers” Fund. Please prayerfully adopt our Blazing Trees team into your personal generosity. We love you and cherish your prayers, encouragement, and advocacy. Shalom, Maranatha. +>