Boldness Request Story (Acts 4:23-31)
Warnings & Threats – priest, sword, chains – Let me share a story with you about persecution. Peter and John were warned to stop preaching in Jesus’ name.
Divine Mystery – God speaking, staff, Jesus, chains – The Council released Peter and John after threatening them. Afraid, they returned to their house church. All the disciples prayed, remembering Jesus’ sacrifice.
Intervention Request – God, cloud, disciple, flame, breath – The disciples confessed their fears in prayer. They asked God for boldness to keep sharing Jesus.
Courageous Spirit – open door, evangelist, flame – Jesus sent his Holy Spirit and shook the house. They received great faith and went into the city sharing.
- How did Peter and John feel after being commanded by local authorities to stop preaching about Jesus?
- Why did the local disciples immediately respond to these threats with prayer?
- Listen to their prayers. Were the disciples afraid?
- How would you react if Jesus’ Holy Spirit shook the ground where you and your church were praying?
- What does it feel like to be filled up with boldness?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
<+ We publish all of our resources online for free. If you feel this project is worth investing in financially, please click the “Give” link and designate your gift to our “Storytellers” Fund. Please prayerfully adopt our Blazing Trees team into your personal generosity. We love you and cherish your prayers, encouragement, and advocacy. Shalom, Maranatha. +>