Beyond Understanding Story (1 Corinthians 2)
Kingdom Ambassador – woman, flag, cloud, crown, flame – Paul said we don’t share Jesus in our strength or knowledge. We are humble messengers. We want everyone to experience God and depend upon him.
Hidden Path – closed door, path, Jesus, cloud – The Gospel is a mystery. The world lives by the devil’s polluted logic. Jesus reveals his perfect wisdom to us.
Resist Satan – serpent, cloud, man – Satan lies. He is a deception-weaving tyrant. We learn how to resist him.
Christ’s Spirit – shining dove, crown, flame – Jesus is God’s Truth. The Holy Spirit speaks to our inner spirit. Jesus’ Spirit helps us learn and live by God’s wisdom.
- Why is Jesus’ wisdom a mystery? Why is the Holy Spirit the only one who can reveal Jesus’ wisdom?
- Have you ever discovered something was false after someone you trust said it was true? What happened?
- How can you live for God without ever knowing him?
- How does it feel for someone to misrepresent you?
- Do you know someone who totally rejects the Bible?
- How do we pray for someone to believe in Jesus?
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Download this lesson > Click here
Want more stories? Visit blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Ask James a question > email@example.com