Royal Servant – kneeling man, king, cup – Let me share a story with you about grief. Nehemiah was in exile serving a Persian king as cupbearer when some friends visited him.
Devastating Loss – grieving man, tears, burning city – Nehemiah’s brother told him that Jews returning home from exile found their city Jerusalem in ruins. Nehemiah wept.
Free Will – serpent, diving line, cloud, crown – Nehemiah mourned how his people rejected and rebelled against God. He praised God for his covenant of redemptive love.
Scattered Nation – earth, city, paths, flags, stars – He prayed for his generation to worship God again and return to their homeland. He asked God to give him favor with the king.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw my own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking me to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Discover 100+ Bible stories w/drawings @ blazingtrees.org/storytellers
Support the Storytellers Bible project @ blazingtrees.org/give
Watch our storytellers training videos @ youtube.com/c/blazingtrees
Send our team a message >>> email@example.com