“Jesus” is God’s beloved Son. He came to earth to save us and restore us to God’s family. Jesus is loving and compassionate, powerful and wise. He will return soon. Maranatha!
Jesus Messiah > “My friends, I must speak to you plainly about our famous ancestor King David. He died and was buried, and his grave is here with us to this very day. He was a prophet, and he knew what God had promised him: God had made a vow that he would make one of David’s descendants a king, just as David was. David saw what God was going to do in the future, so he spoke about the resurrection of the Messiah when he said, ‘He was not abandoned in the world of the dead; his body did not rot in the grave.’ God has raised this very Jesus from death, and we are all witnesses to this fact. He has been raised to the right side of God, his Father, and has received from him the Holy Spirit, as he had promised. What you now see and hear is his gift that he has poured out on us. For it was not David who went up into heaven; rather he said, ‘The Lord said to my Lord: Sit here at my right side until I put your enemies as a footstool under your feet.’ “All the people of Israel, then, are to know for sure that this Jesus, whom you crucified, is the one that God has made Lord and Messiah!” (Acts 2:29-36 GNT)
- Redeemer – “Redeem” means to cover for someone so their debt is paid and they become free. Our Redeemer lives! Jesus is the only One who can save us; we cannot save ourselves. Even better, we are eternal family in our Heavenly Father’s kingdom.
- Revealer – “Reveal” means to awaken others to what we do not know. The dragon is an evil prince of darkness: deceiving the nations and manipulating them to follow his leadership. Jesus reveals God’s truth, shines light into shadows, and shares wisdom.
- Ruler – To “rule” means the authority to govern a people. When Jesus rose from the dead, our Father gave him all authority on earth and all spiritual realms. Jesus rules in heaven, and he will return in glory to judge the nations and inaugurate the next age.
Holy Spirit Prayer
- Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life. He removes my dead heart and makes me new.
- Jesus is King David’s prophesied descendant. He is the Messiah and Israel’s true king.
- The grave could not prevail against Jesus. He is risen, raised, and reigning in heaven.
- Jesus ascended for a purpose: to send the Holy Spirit to dwell inside and guide us.
- In the end, our Father will place every adversary under Jesus’ feet. Flawless victory.
- Jesus demonstrates true love through his suffering and death at Calvary for our sake.
- “Messiah” means Promised Deliverer. Jesus is the Savior Shepherd of all mankind.
Personal Reflections > Time for a heart check: just how important is Jesus to my life? Have I fully surrendered everything to Jesus; is he truly Lord of all? In this next week, how can I rearrange my calendar to spend more time with my Salvation King? Jesus said to pray at all times in the Holy Spirit: how do I practice his presence every day?
Salvation Fountain Scriptures
Beautiful Freedom > “A slave does not belong to a family permanently, but a son belongs forever. If the Son sets you free, then you will be really free.” (John 8:35-36 GNB)
Discerning Vision > I ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of Glory, to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers. (Ephesians 1:17-18)
Living Water > Jesus answered the woman, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:13-14)
Merciful Love > God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) For he raised us from the dead along with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms; we are united with Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:4-6)
Repentance Confession > Job replied to the LORD: “I know that you can do anything and no plan of yours can be thwarted. You asked, “Who is this who conceals my counsel with ignorance?” Surely I spoke about things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. You said, “Listen now, and I will speak. When I question you, you will inform me.” I had heard rumors about you, but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore, I take back my words and repent in dust and ashes.” (Job 42:1-6)
Salvation Declaration > If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” (Romans 10:9-11)
Solid Foundation > Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against the house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. (Matthew 7:24-25)
Wisdom Journey > Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace. She is a tree of life to those who take hold of her; those who hold her fast will be blessed. (Proverbs 3:13-18)
Want more discipleship lessons? We publish a new lesson & video every weekend > blazingtrees.org/maranatha
#Jesus #hope #overflow #maranatha #storytellers #pray #makedisciples