New Passover – Jesus, table, bread, cup – Let me tell you a story about the night Jesus created communion. The Lord’s Supper gives new meaning to the ancient Passover meal.
Broken Body – Jesus, broken bread, cross – Jesus’ disciples prepared a Passover meal. While they were eating, Jesus blessed and broke bread: a sign of his death on the cross.
Blood Sacrifice – grapevine, nail, hammer – Jesus gave thanks and they all drank wine from a cup: a sign of his blood shed for the sins of mankind when he was crucified.
Future Feast – mountain, disciple, flag – Jesus said he would not drink wine again until a future feast in heaven. They sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want more stories? Please visit our Storytellers Bible project: blazingtrees.org/storytellers
#Maranatha #Storytellers #Jesus #Bible #discipleship #hope