Risen Messiah Story
Empty Tomb – tomb, stone – Let me tell you a story about the day Jesus rose from the dead.
Running Disciples – running man – Mary visited Jesus’ tomb one morning to grieve, and the tomb was open. She told Peter and John, and they ran to the grave to examine the evidence. They went into the tomb and found it empty.
First Witness – Mary crying, tears – The disciples left perplexed. Mary stayed, confused and crying. She looked in the tomb, saw two angels, and spoke to them.
Risen Rabbi – Jesus shining – Behind Mary was Jesus. She thought he was a gardener, but then he revealed himself to her. She hugged him, and he told her to go tell his disciples.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want to learn more stories? Please visit our Storytellers page > blazingtrees.org/storytellers
#Maranatha #Storytellers #Jesus