Guarded Tomb Story
Jesus’ Burial – Pilate, money, Joseph – Let me tell you a story about what happened to Jesus’ body after he died.
Safe Place – tomb, stone, wrapped corpse – Joseph, a wealthy disciple of Jesus, went to Pilate to ask for the body. He took Jesus’ body, wrapped it up, and put it in his tomb.
Grieving Friends – tomb, stone, two women – Joseph covered the tomb with a great stone. Two of Jesus’ friends, both named “Mary,” were grieving outside his grave.
Deception Protection – tomb, stone, guards – The religious leaders feared Jesus’ disciples would steal the body and spread lies about his promised resurrection. Pilate allowed them to seal the tomb and set guards to keep watch.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want to learn more stories? Please visit our Storytellers page > blazingtrees.org/storytellers
#Maranatha #Storytellers #Jesus