Jesus Dies Story
Final Hour – cross, Jesus shouting – Let me tell you a story about what happened when Jesus died on the cross.
Perfect Sacrifice – cross – Jesus paid it all for us. His body was beaten and nailed to a wicked instrument of torture and death. Our Savior cried out in agonizing pain and took upon himself the sins of all mankind. Jesus saved the world!
Temple Curtain – torn veil – The curtain in Jerusalem’s holy temple had separated God from people for thousands of years. When Jesus died, God tore the veil apart forever.
Faith Response – soldier, faith – Witnesses saw many wonders after Jesus died: an earthquake and resurrections. A soldier guarding Jesus believed that he was God’s Son.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want to learn more stories? Please visit our Storytellers page > blazingtrees.org/storytellers
#Maranatha #Storytellers #Jesus