Betrayal Garden Story
Gethsemane Grief – tree, Jesus praying – Let me tell you a story about Jesus visiting an olive tree garden called Gethsemane to pray before his crucifixion and death.
Sorrowful Soul – pouring cup, cross – Jesus was troubled in his spirit knowing he was about to face the cross. He asked the Father to take away the cup of suffering if it was his will.
Sleeping Watchmen – tree, sleeping disciple – Jesus asked his disciples to stay awake and keep watch while he prayed, but they kept falling asleep.
Approaching Betrayer – Jesus, path, soldier – After Jesus prayed three times, he woke up his disciples and resolved with surrendered courage to face his approaching enemies.
The following activities will help you remember the story, apply wisdom to your own life, and tell the story to others.
- Pray. Listen to the story. Draw the story.
- Tell the story with the drawings.
- Draw your own pictures to illustrate the story.
- Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal wisdom in the story.
- Pray. What is the Holy Spirit asking you to do next?
- Go and tell the story to someone. Discuss the story.
- Disciple others to become Spirit-filled storytellers.
Want to learn more stories? Please visit our Storytellers page > blazingtrees.org/storytellers
#Maranatha #Storytellers #Jesus